The purposes for which the Foundation is formed are:
(1) To further the understanding and practice of Islam.
(2) To strengthen the fraternal bonds among Muslims in Central Ohio, the United States and throughout the World.
(3) To conduct religious, educational, philanthropic, civic, social, literary and other activities in accordance with the principles of Islam.
(4) To attain the recognition of Islam as a major religion of the United States of America subject to equal consideration with other major religions in all matters, private and public. 1
(5) To engage in and carry on such other lawful acts and activities for which non-profit corporations may be formed pursuant to Chapter 1702, Ohio Revised Code, provided, however, the Foundation shall not possess or exercise any power or authority either expressly, by interpretation, or by operation of law that will prevent it at any time from qualifying and continuing to qualify as a Foundation organized and operated exclusively for religious, charitable, literary or educational purposes, no part of the net earnings of which inures to the benefit of any members or individual, and which does not participate in, or intervene in any political campaign on behalf of any candidate for public office, pursuant to Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 (hereinafter the Code), as amended, or Income Tax Regulations pertinent thereto, either now in effect or subsequently enacted; nor shall it engage directly or indirectly in any activity which would cause the loss of such qualification.
kHUTBA tIME Broard ST ISLAMIC CENTER - 12:30 PM & 1:45 PM